D.A. Forsyth --- 3310 Siebel Center
Office Hours Time: WF 14h00-15h00, Location: ONLINE
Alternative locations may be available
598 AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND THE PANDEMIC
I think I have scheduled a regular meeting. You can see the
zoom invitation here if it's not in your email.
Important; Important; Important
We will only meet in person on the vehicle. You should look at the
intro movie, or movies of first lecture, for the details.
- Please fill in
this survey. You shouldn't feel that if you fill in a lot of no's, the course is not for you. I just
want to pitch things at the right level -- remember, I make my living out of students not knowing things.
- For each lecture, there will be readings and movies on the web
page. Look below at the table of movies.
- As the semester progresses, we should be able to perform
experiments on a physical vehicle. I will reserve Fridays for vehicle time.
Software resources will be posted. Safety rules to be posted.
- I will be on zoom 12h30-15h00 CST WF. I will give a brief
introduction to the movies, then be available to discuss the
movies, answer questions on past movies, and explain matters that
seem confusing. I will email out the
link for the meeting before each class.
First GIF movie for challenge 2 courtesy of Bolton Bailey and Duc Phan Huy
Here is the link to sign up for piazza for this course; do so from inside illinois.edu
In plain text: piazza.com/illinois/fall2020/cs598maav
Rough outline of topics
This is roughly what I plan to do and when
Readings and movies
Records from our Zoom meetings
- All please take the online course here, put together by UIUC Department of Research Safety: go to: DRS
and look under training; you should find a link for laboratory safety training. Finish the two simple online courses, then
- First block of training for safety lookout TBA. You reach the High Bay by going to the iHotel, round the conference center side,
at the back parking lot you'll see a building with orange "Engineering" sign on it; that's the one, there'll be people there.
- Second block of training for safety lookout is TBA.
- Safety driver rules
- Safety lookout rules
- General safety rules
A variety of useful information
Papers by topic
Papers and written material by topic