MWF 1105 Siebel, 10h00-10h50
Office hours: MWF after class or 13h00-14h00
Leftover questions from past final exams in homologous courses (in PDF)
Fall 2010 final exam - notice that questions 2, 3 and 7 are irrelevant (in PDF)
Some practice exam questions, in sketch form (PDF)
MP-1, due 4 Feb 2013.
MP-2, due 25 Feb 2013
MP-3, due 19 Mar 2013.
MP-4, due 10 April 2013.
MP-5, due 24 April 2013.
MP-6, due 8 May 2013.
The newsgroup for CS419 already exists as class.fa10.cs419.
https://news.cs.illinois.edu/ has links to some web-based newsreaders as
well as documentation for configuring your newsreader to connect to the
newsgroup server. The instructions/configuration has changed, so if it
was configured prior to this fall, you may need to make some changes to
continue using it.
Resources for Rendering
- Matt Pharr's book, Physically Based Rendering: From Theory to Implementation (The Interactive 3d Technology Series) by Matt Pharr and Greg Humphreys (Hardcover - Aug 18, 2004) (second edition, July 12 2010) (full of example code)
- Francois Sillion's book, Radiosity and Global Illumination (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) by François X. Sillion and Claude Puech (Hardcover - Jul 1, 1994) (this is hard to get, but should be in the library)
- Philip Dutre, Philippe Bekaert, Kavita Bala, Advanced global illumination, AK Peters, 2003
- Henrik Wann Jensen, Realistic image synthesis using photon mapping, AK Peters, 2001
- Pixie is an open source renderer that is extremely good.
- SUNFLOW is an open source global illumination renderer. Don't know how good it is, but always helpful to look at other code
- toxic is an open source global illumination renderer. Don't know how good it is, but always helpful to look at other code.
- A shootout between renderers
- A pathtracer in 99 lines of code
Rendering - II - Image Based Rendering
- Mosaics and Light field rendering (11 Mar, 13 Mar, 15 Mar, PDF)
- Multiple view reconstruction of camera paths (27 Mar, in previous slides)
- 2 view geometry, epipoles, epipolar lines, and the fundamental matrix (my notes from my drawings; 29 Mar, 1 April)
- 3D Reconstruction from multiple views (in previous slides; 3 April, 5 April)
- Basic ideas
- Interpolation (26 April, PDF)
- Two big threads in procedural animation (PDF)
- 3D Collision Detection - A Survey, P Jimenez, F Thomas, C Torras - Computers & Graphics, 2001,